Saturday, July 12, 2008

Farewell to Brie and Other Delights

See this?

I'm sure gonna miss it for the next seven months or so, because you're not supposed to eat cookie dough when you're pregnant.

You're also not supposed to eat Brie, which required some serious self-restraint at Thursday's Young Women board meeting. There was a whole wedge of it just inches away from me, beckoning. . . . I finally had to move it several feet down the table so I wouldn't be tempted to throw caution to the winds and eat the whole dang thing.

Ah well, at least I can still eat (lots and lots of) this. And even if I couldn't, the little baby who's coming to join us would be well worth it. I can't wait to meet him. Or her. Or them?!? (twins run in my family - yikes!)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Kim! My mom just told me on the phone yesterday. Two, wow. Pretty crazy! We'll look forward to all the updates on the site.

Jodi Jean said...

HUZZAH!!! congratulations!!! yeah for multiplying and replenishing

(you're smarter than me ... joy will be older than aidan will be by the time #2 decides to arrive ... i'm getting scared!!!!)

when's your due date?

Desmama said...

Congratulations! I'm due December 27! When're you due? How have you been feeling?

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Okay, so I gasped aloud when I read your post. Congrats, my dear!

(And I second the 'when are you due' question...)

Lyndsey said...

Congrats!! 2 is so crazy but so great. Can't wait to hear what we are having. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Nate said...

CONGRATS!

I promise not to eat cookie dough in front of you in August. (you can tell by my shape I'm a veritable cookie monster).

Angela said...

congrats kimberly! i hope you are feeling well!