Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Yin and Yang of Parenthood

This morning was pretty rough. My stomach was grumpy, and for a while I just wanted to lie down and rest until the nausea subsided. It’s tough to do that when you have a toddler, though. The most I could get away with was reading her a few board books from a horizontal position before she insisted I get up and do something else. Sigh.

Fortunately the afternoon was full of hugs, games, and lots of Joy giggles, which more than made up for the morning. Funny how a few of those moments can make you forget about the tough stuff.

2 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

ooooh, sorry kimberly! those days are rough!

Serena said...

What I did with every pregnancy, is I laid on the floor with pillows, and got all the bin's out, and played, puzzles, blocks, legos, drawing, games, house, dress-up, cars, toys, music, dolls,magnets, balls,lots of arts and crafts and books. I was just to sick to do anything else. With Angelo and Sofia, since Chris and Lauren were way older, I would go to the park, take a blanket, water, and find shade and laid down, while the ran thier wiggles out. I would take them to the pool and sit in the shallow end and relax while they swam. I would take them to Chuck Cheese and relax and stretch my legs out on the bench, and let them play while I kept an eye on them. I would have movie day with popcorn, so, that I could lay down and still laugh with them during the movie.Pump it up was great, and I would just relax and let them jump till they couldn't anymore.Lol. Their favorite was puppet time. Sometimes it got so bad that I really needed to lay on the bed. So, we popped out all the puppets, and had puppet shows. Because of the big age gaps, Chris was in pre-school, while I was pregnant with Lauren, and when I was pregnant with Angelo, and Sofia, Lauren was in pre-school, and Chris school. So, that helped alot also. It's always easy the first time, then after that, it gets wild. Lol.