Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Someday Was Today

Today was a red-letter day, people. Yes, I'm feeling mostly better (which is the best one can hope for in one's first trimester) but the real news is that I finally used . . .

. . . that egg separator I was so excited to get with a new measuring cup set three years ago. If you have a kitchen gadget fetish like I do, you know how it is--you covet some random item for years, then finally purchase or receive it and think, "At last! I have arrived!" Then the thing sits a drawer or cupboard for years and your spouse or roommate occasionally asks why you still hang on to it. "It's the principle of the thing," you reply. "Even if I never actually use it, I know that I CAN, and there is hope that someday I WILL."

So I lived the gadget junkie dream today--I finally used my separator. What was the recipe, you may ask? Only Cousin Jodi's Nutella Swirl Ice Cream. The finished product tastes divine, but my second batch froze practically solid--I think I removed it from the ice cream maker while it was still too soft. What can I say--I'm still an ice cream making newb. Guess I'll just have to make more. With my little egg separator. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Nutella ice cream?!? That sounds like heaven. I definitely have to try it. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Mmm...nutella! That's yummy, even if I'm not the biggest fan of ice cream. I'm glad you're feeling better too! Oh, and you said "newb!" :]

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yeah - picked that word up from my brother Robbie.

Jodi Jean said...

hehe ... i'm glad you enjoyed the recipe ... i told my mom you made it (she had already read it on your blog) and told me that the ice cream part of this recipe isn't her favorite ...she likes to use the nutella swirl in other recipes though ... just so you know.