Monday, November 22, 2010

Joy Has All The Answers

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . finally dropping off my ward's donated candy at Operation Gratitude's site in Van Nuys. The congregation donated thirty-nine pounds of sweets to be sent to troops overseas.

Not-so-favorite moment:

. . . Joy sobbing in the car's back seat because I didn't know when the next election was. She can't wait to vote again.

And another thing . . .

. . . my effort to give Joy some firsthand experience with the phrase "I don't know" kinda backfired. While I don't have all the answers (even when she REALLY wants them), she is apparently never at a loss:

Me: How tall is a giraffe?
Joy: Very tall.
Me: How many bagels come in a bag?
Joy: Lots.
Me: Where is Zimbabwe?
Joy: Very far away.
Me: When is the next election?
Joy: Um . . . January!

No comments: