Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tea and Wolves

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . a great discussion at book group tonight. We enjoyed discussing the book, but I think my favorite part was the discussion of siblings afterward. It was interesting to reflect that my sister and I are so different, and she doesn't always make the choices I would, yet she has strengths that I admire and sometimes yearn for.

. . . reading Three Cups of Tea. I particularly enjoyed the chapter called Haji Ali's Lesson. It made me reflect that, like many Americans, I am in such a rush to complete tasks that I often forget to build relationships and enjoy the simple goodness of life.


And another thing . . .

. . . I hosted our co-op preschool class today. One of the boys morphed into a snarling wolf, whereupon one of the girls declared herself to be Belle and dubbed the other boy the Beast who should save her and the other princesses. However, the Beast decided he would rather color his picture and Joy opted to be a wolf instead of a princess, at which point Belle and Ariel took matters into their own hands and tackled the original wolf themselves. Girl Power.

No comments: