Friday, July 1, 2011

An Electric Train and Sprinklers

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . dropping yet another of my little, ceramic, flower-shaped bowls. I originally bought eight or nine of them a few years ago; there are now three left.

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy reading to Daniel. When Daniel saw me watching them, he patted the bed next to him to say, "Come sit by me, Mama."

. . . making sugar cookies with Joy. I rolled the dough balls which she then placed on the baking sheet, and when the cookies were baked and the glaze mixed up we both set to work decorating. I frosted the cookies, and Joy applied the "sprinklers" (sprinkles).

. . . watching Joy and Daddy have fun setting up the new electric train set together. They both think it's pretty cool, and though it frankly doesn't do much for me, I love watching them enjoy it together.

And another thing . . .

. . . this morning, Joy saw a woman with a strawberry tattoo on her wrist. Joy said she wanted a picture of food on her arm, too. I asked what food she'd like on her arm, and she replied, "A chicken nugget."

No comments: