Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Atonement and Cheesecake

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . sleeping in. Thank you for holding down the fort, Phillip.

. . . walking in from the warm outside air to a cooler, air-conditioned home. Aaaah . . .

. . . eating mini cheesecakes with my sweetheart.

And another thing . . .

. . . this evening after dinner I drove to the chapel for my temple recommend interview. As I talked with the bishop about my testimony of Christ, I reflected that my testimony of and gratitude for the Atonement has grown a lot in recent years. I think that is because parenthood has highlighted persistent flaws I scarcely realized I had, and shown me how much I truly need a Savior.

1 comment:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

SOOO true! The Atonement is magnified with parenthood. So are all my flaws and stupid habits like umm.. should go to sleep now. hahaha.