Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trouble and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . getting totally demolished by my daughter when we played Trouble this afternoon. She sent all my pieces home, and they were still there when she won. She beat me the second time, too, but at least that game was a lot closer.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . meeting some of Joy's future preschool classmates and their moms at a playdate. It was fun to talk with the grown-ups, and I'm glad Joy will have a few familiar faces the first day of school.

. . . playing a random game that Joy made up this afternoon.

. . . finding a maternity swimsuit I actually like.

And another thing . . .

. . . the song Bohemian Rhapsody has been stuck in my head for the past two days. The music is creative and fun, but the more the lyrics run through my mind, the more I realize that the song's story is a real downer. I've been trying to replace the song with something more upbeat, but so far nothing has stuck.

. . . for the life of me, I can't seem to make good garlic bread. I tried yet another recipe tonight, and it was really disappointing. The concept seems so simple; you'd think it would be easier to master.

No comments: