Saturday, July 2, 2011

Daddy's Girl and the Folding Chair

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . several minutes of Joy wailing in the grocery store because she wanted to go fishing with Daddy instead. She insisted that she wasn't going to talk to me for the rest of the evening, then spent five minutes telling me all the specific circumstances under which she would not talk to me. Silent treatment is never silent with Joy.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching Joy and Daddy play catch with a green pinecone.

. . . eating Circus Animal cookies with my mom.

And another thing . . .

. . . today's biggest surprise was when I tried to move my chair back at an outdoor pizza place, and instead of scooting it caught on the concrete floor. The flimsy plastic buckled under me and I sank right to the ground. Fortunately, the process happened so slowly that I wasn't hurt at all.

No comments: