Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gutters, Terror, and Proper Spelling


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . hearing Joy speak sharply to her brother, and realizing she sounded just like me.  Sometimes it's absolutely terrifying to realize what an impact my actions and attitude have on these little people God has entrusted to me.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . taking a pleasant stroll with the kids when we dropped Joy off at school.  I showed Joy a storm drain and explained what it was for; Daniel and I admired the flat, yellow mushrooms growing on some of the trees; and I did a little yoga every time I waited for Daniel to catch up to me on the way home.  It was kind of fun to watch him meander; sometimes he would wander behind a bush or a tree, and all I could see of him was his shadow.

. . . giving the kids a ride in a friend's swing that he occasionally hangs from a tree branch at a park.  Phillip and I took a ride in it, too, but we had to stand since the seat was made for smaller tushes.

. . . utilizing the mighty internet to ascertain the correct spelling of "tush."

No comments: