Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Laundry Buddy and a Question for Walt


Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . doing laundry with Daniel.  I love that he likes to come out back with me every time I go to start a load or move it to the dryer.

And another thing . . .

. . . we watched Sleeping Beauty at my parents' house on Sunday, and Joy is still asking me questions about it, such as "Why did the bad woman turn into a dragon?" and "Why did the fairies leave Aurora alone in that room?" and "Why didn't the bad woman change the spell back so Aurora would die after all?"  I've see the movie plenty of times and have a decent working knowledge of human nature, so I can answer most of her queries, but a few are beyond me (especially since I never thought to ask them before).  Why DIDN''T Maleficent change the spell back?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

The rules governing the magic in Sleeping Beauty seem to dictate that one fairy can modify another's magic but not directly cancel it out. At least, that would be the implication of the good fairy's lack of ability to cancel out the bad fairy's spell. The only other reasoning I could see would be that the good fairy/fairies are not as strong or powerful, and that has disturbing ramifications.