Monday, March 25, 2013

Being a Lion


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  drama at dinner about who would get the last apple slice.  Daniel always wants the last one of anything, and lately Joy wants the last one, too.  Whenever there are two of something left, they end up haggling about who's going to take the penultimate one.  Sometimes I just take it when one of them isn't looking.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . my Primary lesson going well.  The kids seemed really engaged and asked lots of questions, which can be good and bad.  I want them to participate and share their thoughts, but if I allow more than one or two comments I start getting flooded with increasingly off-topic remarks.  Moderation in all things, no?

. . . visiting teaching a sister in our ward.  I sometimes feel like a third wheel because she speaks mostly Korean and my companion is fluent but I'm not, but I'm grateful to at least learn a little more about her, pray for her and her family, and give her a hug when I see her.

. . . reading Aslan's lines in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (Joy wanted to reread it).  I think it does me good to imagine what it's like to be calm and majestic, powerful and yet gentle, then to try and communicate that to my daughter.

No comments: