Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rocking, Jumping, and Jumping Some More


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  a big dog barking at me from the car I parked next to at the store.  The car's windows were only rolled down a few inches so the dog couldn't actually do me any harm, but of course I didn't realize that until the neurons in charge of jumping and screaming had already fired.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . making caramel corn with my family.

. . . meeting two of Joy's schoolmates at Trader Joe's after school.  We always seem to see someone from school when we stop there on the way home.  It's like an after-school playdate.

. . . watching my kids play happily with the neighbors in the courtyard.

. . . rocking in our rocking chair.

. . . seeing Phillip smile as Anna crawled laps around him on the bed.

. . . learning that 10 minutes of jumproping burns as many calories as 20 minutes of jogging.  I'm glad, because I like jumproping a lot better than jogging, and I can get a great workout without leaving my house.

No comments: