Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stew and Addled Bowling


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  taking my daughter bowling to a place that has big screen TVs at the end of all their lanes.  Half the TVs showed an NBA game and the rest showed a string of music videos.  For some reason, my brain is wired so that I can't tear my attention away from a television. Even if I dislike what's on the screen and try to focus on something else in the room, before I know it I'm glued to the flickering screen again.  That is one of the main reasons our family does not own a TV, and tonight it put a real damper on my outing with my daughter. I did my best to focus on her and our game, but I felt like half my brain was constantly craning to look at the screen.  I won't be going back to that bowling alley.  Bleh.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . buying a baseball mitt with Joy after our round of bowling.  She asked to try playing baseball this year, and was so excited about her new mitt that she asked to play catch with me when we get home.  That was a lot more fun than bowling with the Lakers.

. . . cooking some delicious beef stew, then eating sugar cookies for dessert.  Comfort food city.

. . . reading the annual newsletter of a family in our ward whom we love dearly.  Their "Christmas" newsletter is always a few months late but worth the wait.

No comments: