Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Books, Yogurt, and a Cougar

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  getting up this morning.  I stayed up an hour too late last night, then lay in bed another hour thinking about stuff, then I fell asleep and dreamt I was attacked by a cougar.  Needless to say, I didn't feel very rested when Daniel came in this morning requesting some breakfast.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . taking the kids for a walk.  Fresh air and exercise are good for the soul.

. . . snuggling Anna on my lap as I read a book to her (over and over and over).

. . . reading Mr. Popper's Penguins to Joy.

. . . making yogurt.  There is something strangely satisfying about that simple, predictable process whereby I simultaneously produce something nourishing and save a bunch of grocery money.

No comments: