Monday, June 24, 2013

Sugar and Inspiration

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  reading a 2011 New York Times article about the possible health hazards of both sugar and high-fructose corn syrup.  Of course, it's just one person's assessment of the studies on that subject, and the scientific community may ultimately refute his conclusions, but they may not.  I'm still trying to decide what I think of it, and what I'll do about it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching an uplifting broadcast by the prophet and apostles with Phillip this afternoon.  It really inspired me to share the Gospel more.  Its principles and perspective bless my life in so many ways that it seems irrational NOT to share it, yet I get so busy and I'm not very outgoing.  This broadcast reminded me that sharing the Gospel isn't some time-consuming project; it's just naturally sharing something you find meaningful with the people you associate with every day.

. . . watching the kids play with Grandma when we visited her for dinner today.  Daniel and Grandma sang a nice duet of the Star Wars theme.

No comments: