Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stay-cation and Other Things

Over the past week or so . . .

. . . my not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  Phillip's boss scheduling a mandatory meeting for the afternoon we were supposed to leave on a kid-free road trip together.  The meeting finished two hours before we were supposed to attend a concert.  The concert was four hours away.  I'm not the swearing kind, but I am the sobbing kind.

. . . my favorite moments included . . .


. . . our Plan B stay-cation.  We ate at some of our favorite restaurants, slept in as late as we wanted, attended the temple, and watched a movie in an actual movie theater.  I'm still a little bummed about missing the concert, but otherwise we had just as much fun together and spent a lot less money than we would have if we'd gone out of town.

. . . giving a heartfelt Father's Day talk about the good men in my life.

. . . celebrating Father's Day with my fam and joining a video chat with my brother Andrew.

. . . talking with a friend who served as a medic in Iraq.  She had some really interesting experiences there.

. . . taking a motorcycle ride with Phillip to eat pupusas at an El Salvadorean restaurant we like.

. . . meeting some of Daniel's future preschool classmates (and their moms) at the park.

. . . Anna laughing gleefully as she ran to give Daddy a hug when he got home.

And another thing . . .

. . . I'm not sure why I've let blogging lag lately.  Don't take it personally--I've let my journal go, too.  Most nights I manage a few short notes at best.  I guess life has just been busy.  Time to just give a summary of recent days, then start afresh, yes?

No comments: