Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fondue and Pepper Spray

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . taking my mom to dinner for a very belated Mother's Day celebration (I had to postpone at least twice because of that pesky cough).  The fondue was fun and yummy, and the live musician had some serious talent, but the best part of the evening was gabbing with my mom for a couple hours.

And another thing . . .

. . . after dinner, we passed a vendor selling self-defense items geared specifically for women. The company, named Damsel in Defense, sells pink stun guns (which deliver up to 7.5 million volts), pepper spray in a zebra-striped holster (or black, if you prefer a more elegant look), and even a clutch purse with a brass knuckle style handle. Mom showed keen interest in the products on display, and asked for a catalog to take home. That didn't seem consistent with my mom’s mild personality, so on the way to the car I asked if she was concerned about a rise in crime. She explained that she didn't plan to buy anything, but she thought my sister would be really interested. She’s absolutely right--I can totally see my sister carrying a stun gun disguised as a pink cell phone.

No comments: