Monday, April 4, 2011

Bread and a Big Boy

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . hearing Daniel's high-pitched scream (sometimes cheerful, sometimes frustrated) repeated over and over, with plenty of encouragement from his big sister.

. . . calling every food store I could think of to ask if they carried dough enhancer for a whole wheat bread recipe I wanted to try. Nobody did. I eventually called a grain-loving woman in our ward to ask if she knew a good source, and she said I was welcome to some that was sitting in her pantry. Bless her.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . playing with and reading to Daniel while Joy and Daddy made a new train setup for our home evening activity. Once they were done, we all had fun running model trains along the intertwining routes.

. . . Phillip saying that today's loaf of bread is my best yet. I agree that it's pretty good, but I think it needs more flour and I'm curious to try it without the dough enhancer to see how it compares.

And another thing . . .

. . . Daniel is developing more personality and a sense of humor. In addition to doing things to fill needs and wants (i.e. communicating that he's hungry, or handing me a book so I'll read to him), he's also starting to make funny faces and do silly things just to amuse us (and himself). It's really cute.

No comments: