Thursday, April 28, 2011

Yogurt, Sage, Rosemary, & Thyme

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . puttering among the pots in my container garden. The thyme is starting to bloom, the rosemary seems happier and healthier in its larger pot, and some carrot seeds I worried were too old to grow have yielded at least one sprout so far.

. . . playing hide and seek with the kids. Daniel isn't interested in hiding, but he loves to help whoever is "it" search for the hider. Whether it was time to go count or hunt, he always did it at a run, giggling the whole way.

And another thing . . .

. . . Daniel and I paid a visit to a new Penguins Frozen Yogurt while Joy was at preschool today. My family used to go to a Penguins all the time when I was young, and I was curious to experience it as an adult and see how it compared to our beloved Menchie's. Menchie's won handily. It's cheaper, tastier, and more fun. I love that at Menchie's I can sample as many flavors as I want without asking, and pump in any combo of flavors in any amount, with any toppings I choose. There's just something satisfying about making my own creation, rather than asking a stranger to assemble corporate-designated quantities of things.

No comments: