Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Road Trip Memories

Phillip and I just got back from a road trip while my parents watched the kids for the weekend . . .

The trip's not-so-favorite moments included . . .


. . . realizing we'd forgotten to bring a dozen things on the camping portion of our trip, especially firewood and marshmallows. What campout is really complete without a campfire and s'mores?

. . . a very long drive home yesterday.

The trip's favorite moments included . . .


. . . spending lots of one-on-one time with my sweetheart.

. . . meeting up with some old friends in Vegas. Mike still knows how to make us laugh. A lot.

. . . climbing into my cozy sleeping bag on a very cold night.

. . . touring the Carl Bloch art exhibit at BYU's art museum. It was very inspiring--I gained greater appreciation for the Savior, and for Bloch's ability to bring out both the divinity and humanity of scripture stories he portrays.

. . . going to Tucano's Brazilian Grill for dinner. You know me--I love good food, and Tucano's has it in great quantity and variety.

. . . watching a young woman poke Tucano's display dessert platter because she thought the food was fake, then yank her hand back with a squeal because she had just poked a hole in a real slice of cheesecake.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I found out about a freebie that I think you'll like: http://gamutnews.com/better-homes-and-gardens%C2%AE-supports-national-public-gardens-day-on-may-6-2011-with-free-admission-to-gardens-across-the-country/3730/

Basically, you register with better homes and gardens and get two free adult tickets to a garden of your choice. Tickets are only good May 6th, a Friday I think.

Enjoy!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

My sister gets married that day, so I'm afraid there won't be much room on my agenda. :)

Cathy said...

Wow! Heather grew up!

It looks like I won't be going either. Morgan has a field trip and doesn't want to miss it.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yes, Heather's now in her early twenties. I'm sure your brothers have also grown considerably in recent years, but it's hard to think of them as anything but the little boys they were when I saw them last.

Cathy said...

Kevin's finishing his second year of college and submitting his mission papers. Joel is 15. Yes, time passes. You should see how much grey is in my hair.