Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Eggs and Risotto

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . a few more Daniel tantrums. It's rough being two.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching the kids play fun Easter games with Pink Grandma.

. . . having lunch with two good friends who also happen to be my boss and manager. We were celebrating my five year anniversary with the company (I've spent most of that time telecommuting from home a little bit each day). We talked about everything from my kids to my mission to the science of cooking, and time flew by.

And another thing . . .

. . . when I woke up this morning, one of the first things I was conscious of was Baby Girl kicking me. Most of the time I consider that a sweet experience, but for some reason this morning it struck me as slightly bizarre. It was just weird to think of another person being inside me, moving around and kicking me periodically.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

The little alien moving in me is probably one of the things that fascinates me the most. I mean, most of the time, when you look inward, it's just you, alone in the vessel. But when you play host, and actually feel it, it's kind of odd to think you're no longer alone.

I often wonder what the kid is doing, especially when it feels like a 6.5 going on in my tummy. I have to admit, I think I might miss it when the alien finally comes out.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

After the baby arrives there will be lots of other things you'll enjoy more, and the rest of the time you'll be too busy to miss it. :)