Saturday, August 4, 2007

Quote of the Day - "Happiness"

"You don't find happiness; you make it." - Bishop Crabb

Today we attended the wedding of a couple who are about to join our ward. Bishop Crabb officiated, and I found some of his remarks very touching. In addition to the above quote, I liked his comment that the bride and groom will be forming a unique family, born of their personal qualities, interests, and strengths. Phillip and I each come from families with distinct personalities and we, in turn, are forming a new family with its own quirks and traditions. I'm excited to see how we will evolve as the years go by.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

It is a wonderful and beautiful process.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I'm sure enjoying it so far. Most of the time. :)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

What a nice thought. I think if we all took that attitude of making our own way TOGETHER a little bit more too heart there would be fewer assumptions that cause hurt feelings.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The longer I live, the more convinced I become that most people are trying to live the best lives they know how to. Even people with the best of intentions make sometimes say or do hurtful things without realizing it. I find it's easier to let those things slide when I remember that we're all imperfect, but by golly, we're all trying.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS Thanks for you long comment. Having just moved, I will take adult conversation wherever I can get it. My husband is not a big Harry Potter guy and I've really been craving someone to "talk" to about it all. I agree with a favorite detail being his youngest son's name. I also just finished number five and I think my other frustration with it is the same as the frustration with Empire Strikes Back. The main character, instead of making a huge stride forward, makes a mistake that costs a life. The "revelation" Dumbledore gives in the end of #5 about either Harry has to die or Voldemort does . . . well, I think I figured that out in about #3.

I'd love to see some of your book picks!