Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Donuts and Littles

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel chomping down on the last bite of sandwich, unaware that my finger was still attached to it. Ouch!

. . . serving a dinner that was OK but not as good as it could have been. It's dispiriting to put so much work into something, and not produce a result you can be proud of.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . making funny faces with Joy.

. . . finding donut holes on sale at the bread outlet. Score!!

. . . hearing Joy laugh like crazy every time I tossed her on the couch.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy has taken to calling Daniel "Littles." It's kinda cute.

. . . in school I never understood why many girls wanted friends to come along when they went to the restroom. I always thought of the bathroom as a private place, not a venue for socializing. Joy apparently does not share my opinion--whenever she goes to the restroom, you can virtually guarantee she'll want me to come in and "keep her company."

No comments: