Monday, January 24, 2011

Dookens and Brahms

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . spending the sacrament hymn picking up about 200 raisins Daniel scattered on the floor. I think I got all of them except for one that landed under the pew two rows in front of us. It's still there.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . making cookies with Joy, and eating the dough. Honestly, in most cases I enjoy the dough more than the resulting cookies.

And another thing . . .

. . . during church today, Joy leaned over and declared that when she is twelve years old she will choose to be a "dooken." I explained that boys become deacons at twelve, and girls get to be Beehives and go to cool activities.

. . . after I dropped the kids off at their classes, I found a seat in my own Sunday school class and was surprised to hear classical music playing softly. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then I pulled my iPod Touch out of its purse pocket so I could open the lesson, and I discovered that Daniel had somehow instructed it to play Brahms's Requiem. For the life of me, I couldn't make it stop. I couldn't unlock the screen, or even turn the little gizmo off. I finally turned the volume down, whereupon the screen when dark and I was able to unlock the iPod and stop the music. Sheesh.

No comments: