Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Orzo and Entropy

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . eating Parmesan Orzo, one of my favorite side dishes. It's nice to know that even if the main course doesn't turn out great, the orzo will still be good. Even Joy likes it. Daniel's still getting there.

. . . my daughter actually requesting to eat lettuce (without dressing). It gives me hope that some day she really will eat most of the things I cook for dinner.

And another thing . . .

. . . we set up yesterday's bowling pins again this morning and had a good time knocking them down. Of course, after a few minutes Joy tired of the conventional approach and decided to take things to the next level: body bowling. She body-slammed the pins and scored a strike the very first time.

. . . yesterday in the grocery store Daniel pulled a cereal box off the shelf and Joy asked what he was doing. I replied that he was increasing the entropy (disorder) in the universe, then I heard a nearby shopper chuckle. It's nice when people appreciate my geeky comments.

No comments: