Saturday, January 22, 2011

Missed the Happy Bus

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . the kids waking me up two hours early today. We were all tired and cranky, and nothing I did would dispel the dismal funk I was in. I felt like I’d missed the happy bus, and no matter how hard I tried to catch up, it always stayed a stop ahead of me.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . when my dear husband took charge of the kids and let me sleep for an hour or so this morning. It made a world of difference in my mood.

. . . tossing a ball around with Pink Grandma and Joy this afternoon.

. . . hearing Daniel giggle when I tickled him.

And another thing . . .

. . . I learned today that laughter is unique to humans. Apes will chuckle a bit if you tickle them, but only humans laugh at something just because they find it amusing.

No comments: