Friday, January 14, 2011

"I Love That Guy!"

Today's not-so-favorite moments included:

. . . putting egg nog in my Malto Meal because we were out of milk. Never, ever do that.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . when I was playing a homemade matching game with Joy, and as she turned over a picture of good old Wolfgang her face lit up and she exclaimed, "Mozart! I love that guy!" Why, Joy? "Because he writes music!" Can't argue with that.

And another thing . . .

. . . I opted not to take our camera along when we walked to the store this morning, figuring that nothing notable would happen on such a routine outing. Of course, on our way home we saw a peacock walking down the sidewalk in front of us. It was a good reminder that remarkable things can happen in even the most mundane circumstances.

. . . Joy still likes pretending she's Curious George, and the more she gets into character during our matching games, the better I tend to do at them. She gets so focused on jumping from one side of the pile to the other that she doesn't pay attention to whether she's turning over Moses or a moose.

No comments: