Monday, May 7, 2012

Holding My Head High


Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . getting my neck fixed this morning.  My muscles are still sore, but at least things are straightened out and on the mend.

And another thing . . .

. . . my sore neck sapped my energy and motivation yesterday, so I spent the evening reading Princess Academy.  When I finally went to bed I couldn't fall asleep, so I eventually just got back up and finished the book.  I enjoyed it, and it got me thinking about something my mother-in-law once said.  She commented that she prefers to read young adult fiction, because it tends to be clean, inspiring stories of people cultivating the best in themselves.  The more I read these days, the more I find myself agreeing with her.  It's nice to read something that pushes the envelope upward rather than downward.

No comments: