Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Logistics and a Symphony

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Phillip having a packed schedule and automotive trouble on a day when I was bone weary and desperately wanted a break.  Some days you just have to pray and keep plodding.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . reading this comic.

. . . my kids giving me hugs.  I think they could tell I needed them.

. . . eating half the giant Symphony bar the Elders' Quorum gave each of the mothers (past, current, and prospective) at church on Sunday.

And another thing . . .

What Joy said this afternoon: "Can we go swimming?"

What her mom heard: "Hey there--I know you're feeling stressed and overwhelmed with all the scores of things you have to do today, but how about you add in wrestling four people (yourself included) into swimsuits, then spending an hour making sure they don't drown (none of my kids can swim without floaties), break a collarbone running on slippery cement (I know a guy who did this), or get sunburned and lay the foundation for skin cancer?  Oh yeah, and you'll have to wrestle all of us back out of swimsuits when we're done, which will be harder 'cuz we'll be wet." Sigh--it's hard to be spontaneous and fun when you're staring down the barrel of all those logistics.

No comments: