Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Home Again


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . seeing my grandpa arrive at a birthday party with a walker for the first time.  I keep expecting him to be the same active, commanding figure he was a decade or two ago, and I tend to forget that he is over eighty and our mortal bodies don't last forever.  Even so, Grandpa says he's grateful that his mind is still sharp, and I hope that I can say the same at his age.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching my kids play happily in Papa's pool.

. . . seeing my brother's girlfriend experience my family's extra-long birthday song for the first time.  I don't think Rob had prepared her for the fact that it is three different songs tacked together, and is usually sung out of tune.

. . . walking into my own front door after our trip.  Ah, home.

No comments: