Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Visit and Some Noisy Nanas


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy spending most of our walk complaining that she wanted to go home.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . visit teaching Linda (and her husband, who always likes to sit in on the conversation).  We have great discussions, and I love the fact that two people who didn't even know me six months ago welcome me into their home every month and chat with me like an old friend.

. . . Phillip trying really, really hard to get home on time so I could go to my visit.  He still arrived late (and consequently so did I), but I love that he tried.

And another thing . . .

. . . I've seen an interesting recipe on Pinterest several times, and I finally decided to give it a try this afternoon.  It involved slicing up overripe bananas, freezing them, then whirring them in the food processor with some peanut butter and cocoa to make soft serve "ice cream."  The idea of a simple and healthy "ice cream" recipe appealed to me, so this afternoon we gave it a whirl.

The result tasted pretty good, but it was a pain to make.  I had to stand next to my loud food processor, stopping it about fifteen times so I could scrape down the sides until the frozen banana gravel finally became smooth and creamy.  I suppose a Yonanas machine would make the process much quicker and easier, but I'm not sure I want to plunk down $50 for another gizmo to clutter my counter, especially if I'm not sure I'll love it.

No comments: