Monday, June 18, 2012

A Tumbling Snake

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . stressing about my first Sharing Time lesson in Primary tomorrow.  Even if it's a train wreck, life will go on and I'll do better next time, but for some reason it's really weighing on me.  Thank goodness I only have to teach once a month.

. . . glancing over at Daniel just in time to see him fall off a chair and pull our corn snake's tank down on top of him.  Daniel got only a small bump on the head and Spot the snake seemed unharmed, but he hid in his shavings for a while until he was satisfied that the world wouldn't turn upside again.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . cuddling Anna.

. . . Joy talking with me about the scriptures I was reading.

. . . grooving to oldies in Trader Joe's.

. . . smooching my sweetheart.

. . . reading my own cookbook.  Is that kind of like laughing at my own jokes?

. . . reading Nienie's blog. She is a welcome dose of happy nearly every day.

. . . seeing a picture on that blog of a gal who was in my student ward at BYU.  Small world.


And another thing . . .

. . . this evening I saw a cartoon caption that bears a very unfortunate resemblance to my life these days: "My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane."  I want to stay abreast of current affairs, but it is so hard to find time and energy to take in even the basics ("Election in Egypt; Romney's focusing on the economy.  Got it.").  I'm beginning to understand why young people with little responsibility are more likely to be liberals pushing for change, while older folks with more on their shoulders tend to be conservatives who don't want their overburdened boats rocked.

No comments: