Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rainbows and Crazy Bunnies

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy crying because she only liked two of the things I put on the table for dinner.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Phillip watching the kids so I could sleep two extra hours this morning.  Sweet bliss.

. . . Daniel repeatedly exclaiming, "Those bunnies are crazy!" as he watched Joy playing a version of chess with bizarre little animated rabbits on our computer.  The pawn bunnies fought using plungers.  Enough said.

. . . buying some Rainbow sandals.  The price tag was a little steep for me, but I've heard they're incredibly comfortable and durable, so hopefully I won't have to buy new ones for a few years.  Last year I wore a cheap pair of flip-flops paper-thin in a single summer.

. . . Phillip making an absolutely delicious smoothie.

. . . Joy reading scriptures to Daniel.

. . . this interchange:

Joy: Please don't do that.
Daniel: Why, Joy?
Joy: Say, "Why, Queen?"
Daniel: Why, Queen?
Joy: [dramatic pause] . . . Because there was a dodo!
Daniel: [uproarious laughter]

No comments: