Friday, June 8, 2012

Sudoku Therapy and a Banana Train

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . feeling a little overwhelmed as I contemplate summer vacation.  I'll miss being able to run errands with just two kids, and the sudden lack of structure (i.e. five days each week with nothing planned) is a little overwhelming.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Daddy coming home and giving me a big hug.

. . . cooking a dinner that was simple but good.

. . . Daniel cracking up when I pretended some bananas were a train chugging past him.

. . . chatting with neighbors at the park.

. . . giving Anna a bath.

And another thing . . .

. . . I learned to play Sudoku today.  It was nice to tackle a problem that I knew had a clear answer which I would figure out if I just analyzed it long enough.  That said, I'm not sure I want to devote a half hour of my life to it on a regular basis.  On the other hand, Alzheimer's runs in my family, and a recent study found that playing games like Sudoku (or Angry Birds) decreases your risk for that disease.  Of course, it also said my brain could benefit from reading and writing, so maybe I'll just keep journaling, reading blog posts, and playing chess with Joy.

No comments: