Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jello Newb and Too Many Artichokes

This week . . . 

my not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . most of Tuesday.  I was dragon mom.  It was really, really bad.

my favorite moments included . . .


 . . . Phillip getting home from the lab on Tuesday.  He was very supportive, and somehow he helped me back onto the sanity track, from which I had totally derailed.

. . . making a strawberry lassi to share with Daniel.

. . . cuddling Anna.

. . . sharing a hug with Joy.

. . . Anna happily kicking her feet in the pool.  Joy got right in and swam (with her pool ring), but since the water is still pretty cold I was happy to sit on the side with Anna and let her splash.

. . . taking a walk with the kids to check out local gardens in the area.  The corn is high at one house, and the Anna apples are almost ready to eat at another.  I asked an artichoke grower about his giant plant, and he commented that thirty artichokes is far too many to eat in five weeks.  I agree.

. . . having a good laugh when we walked past a garden that has always struggled, and found that the owner had finally given up and replaced the veggies with lots of roses, which looked healthy and happy.  I'm glad they found something that worked for them.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy asked me to make strawberry Jello for her class buffet today.  I can't remember the last time I made Jello.  I had to check the box more than once to confirm that the boiling water goes in before the cold water.  Or is it the other way around?

No comments: