Sunday, December 16, 2012

Birthday Surviver


Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Phillip letting me sleep in, and vacuuming the front rooms to boot.  You're my hero, Honey.

. . . getting up to find that Joy had hung a bunch of our ornaments in unexpected places: on our nativity, on cupboards, on light switches.  It made for lots of fun surprises throughout the day as I would discover yet another relocated ornament.

. . . successfully hosting a birthday party for Joy.  It's our first friend party, since we have lots of family in the area and in the past she's been too young to care about having yet another party for friends.  This year she asked for one, though, and I've been really stressed about it because I'm not much of a party planner.  I kept having visions of kids staring awkwardly at me with "this is so lame" written all over their cute little faces.  Phillip assured me that it would be fine, and as long as they had sugar and other kids to play with they'd all have a great time.  He was right.

. . . playing little games with Anna and hearing her laugh.

No comments: