Friday, December 7, 2012

The Pageant and the Imprudent Night Owl


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  feeling incredibly tired when Anna woke me up this morning because I stayed up incredibly late last night.

. . . struggling to keep the preschool kids focused.  I really need to hide the toys when it's not play time.  Of course, their favorite toys are the swiveling desk chairs, and I'm not sure how I'll manage to hide those.  They also love the bicycle pump--go fig.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . reading The Best Christmas Pageant ever.  It was surprisingly thought-provoking for a children's book that I literally finished in an hour.  It left me thinking of the Holy Family more as actual, normal people, and it reminded me that there more than one way to be a good (or bad) person.

. . . giving Daniel a big hug.

. . . talking about the book and Christmas traditions at the book group meeting tonight.

. . . eating crispy jalapeno poppers at said meeting.

. . . seeing Anna cuddle her stuffed dog when I hand it to her at bedtime.

No comments: