Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lights and Music

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  trying to keep my sanity in the grocery store with three energetic kids.  I really must remember to go when Joy's in school.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . making up little ditties for Anna and Daniel as we walked toward Joy's classroom this afternoon.  I usually just take a familiar tune, and add my own phrases depending one which children are with me, and what we're doing.  Today the tune was "Are You Sleeping, Brother John?" and the words went something like this:

"Here comes Anna
Sweet girl Anna
  To get Joy
  With Daniel Boy
Time to pick up Sister
Goodness how we've missed her
  Walkin' along
  Singin' a song"

No one's going to nominate me for national poet laureate any time soon, but Anna doesn't mind.

. . . strolling the Los Angeles Temple grounds, which are decorated with thousands of Christmas lights for the holiday season.  I appreciate the lights a lot more now that I'm seeing them through my children's eyes.  The grounds were a wonderland to them, and they would have played there happily for hours.

No comments: