Monday, February 13, 2012

Goodbye, Neverland

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . talking with some friends today.

. . . eating cake and ice cream.

. . . smooching my sweetheart.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy loves to play make-believe games these days (usually involving characters from her current favorite movie The Incredibles), and she usually wants me to play along. Unfortunately, I am coming to the realization the I have no imagination to speak of. I'm happy to relate a story, but I have no desire to make one up.

I'm willing to play make-believe as long as it follows a familiar storyline, but once Joy starts adlibbing my brain shuts down. I'm not very good at coming up with creative scenarios, and the dull ideas that I do manage require more mental effort that I'm usually willing to muster. I'm happy to do things (like do a puzzle or go for a walk), or make things (like a picture or a batch of cookies), but please don't ask me to be Mrs. Incredible battling a third giant robot. The result will be disappointing, and my brain will probably redline in the process.

I guess that's pretty clear evidence that I've become a practical, black and white, bottom line grown-up. Peter Pan would have no use for me. He might enjoy eating my cookies, though.

No comments: