Monday, February 20, 2012

Spanish and Tons of Oregano

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . pacing the chapel halls for two hours with a heavy baby who never did fall asleep.

. . . making a minor (read: colossal) miscalculation when I was cooking dinner. The recipe called for a certain amount of fresh oregano. I didn't have any fresh, but I know you can use a third of the amount dried. I got the conversion mixed up, though, and dumped in triple the amount the recipe called for. That's right--I put in NINE times the amount of oregano I was supposed to. Fortunately there was no permanent harm done (I rinsed most of the herbs off the sauted zucchini then put it back in the pan before adding the rest of the frittata ingredients), but I felt pretty silly.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . talking to a Mexican sister in our ward in Spanish while Anna and I sat in the lobby (for some reason Anna prefers that over the classroom).

. . . taking a nap.

No comments: