Friday, February 3, 2012

Solar Cooking in Winter

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . opening a package of valentines and discovering that it contained no envelopes. The other package of identical cards has envelopes included. They cost the same amount of money and came from the same store. Weird.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . an older gentleman offering to help me carry drinks to my table while I was wrangling three children at In-N-Out.

. . . hearing Daniel and Daddy laugh as they played together.

. . . cooking my best solar oven dinner yet. Even in winter you can get the oven plenty warm on a sunny day; the only problem is that the sun sets around 5pm, so you either have to eat dinner early or keep it warm in your oven for a while.

. . . Daniel giving me a big hug.

And another thing . . .

. . . sometimes I feel like Anna is Dr. Skinner and I'm the pigeon, being conditioned to go certain places and do certain things. Late in the day she gets pretty fussy, but she calms down if I walk out of the family room and into the kitchen or one of the bedrooms. As the evening wears on, I find myself spending a lot of time in those rooms.

No comments: