Thursday, February 2, 2012

Light Exercise and Erupting Milk

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . milk erupting because I heated it way too long in the microwave. I thought that could only happen with water, but apparently I was wrong, and I have a burnt finger to prove it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . taking a walk with Anna and Daniel after we dropped Joy off at school. I used to take lots of walks with Joy when she was a baby, but I got out of the habit when additional kids made my life a little more complicated. I want to start doing it again, though; fresh air and exercise is good for souls of all sizes.

And another thing . . .

. . . I winged it with dinner tonight, tweaking this and substituting that (mostly out of necessity because I didn't have a few things the recipes called for). Sometimes improvised dinners turn out fabulous; other times they're terrible. Tonight's effort just turned out OK, but we were hungry so we didn't mind.

No comments: