Friday, November 2, 2012

Cool, Clean, and Safe


Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . savoring the cool autumn weather.

And another thing . . .

. . . The big kids were both good examples to me today.  On the walk to school, I heard Joy gasp, “Litter!”  There were Halloween candy wrappers and such scattered along our route, and Joy set to work picking up a bunch to throw away.  She inspired me to pick some up, too.

Later, when we reached the crosswalk by the school, I was about to cross when Daniel called out, “Wait, Mom!”  The crossing guard wasn’t in the street with his sign yet, and Daniel was reminding me that we are supposed to wait for him so we know it’s safe to cross.  On the way home I remembered the rule and obediently waited, whereupon Daniel said, “You waited for Tony; good job, Mom.”  Thanks, Little Man.

No comments: