Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Two and a Half Voters

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Anna waking up at 6am because babies have no concept of Daylight Savings Time.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . breathing much, much easier now that my turn to teach preschool is over for a couple months.  The actual lesson is always fun, but the stress of preparation weighs on me like a boulder.

. . . going to vote with my whole family.  Daniel and Anna weren't very interested, but Joy happily cast her annual vote for poet laureate on the demonstration ballot, and I even let her ink in a few dots on my real ballot.  We both proudly wore our "I Voted" stickers for the rest of the day.

. . . nearly talking myself hoarse answering all my daughter's questions about the election and our government.

. . . eating lots of samples at Costco, and Joy summoning up the courage to dash into the fridge section with me to get some grapes.

. . . Joy and Daniel making up a kiss/freeze tag game.  You tag the other person to freeze them, then kiss them on the cheek to unfreeze them.  Sometimes my kids are so amazingly cute.

No comments: