Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Program and a Pill Bug

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . searching the internet for Halloween dinner ideas.  I love the fun side of Halloween, but I don't love the grisly spin many people like to give it.  I'll take the pumpkins and whimsical ghosts, but pass on the gore and horror, thank you very much.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . attending Daniel's preschool Halloween program.  Actually, "program" is probably too grand a word for it--the kids filed onto a stage in their costumes, sang a song, posed for pictures, then filed back off.  Daniel sang nary a word of the song, but he was still glad I came, and I was, too.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy ultimately decided against being a green piggy for Halloween, but she still doesn't want to go to school tomorrow as Darth Maul sans light saber.  So she has opted to be . . . a pill bug (she's kind of obsessed with those little guys lately).  Basically, she's going to dress in black, I'll paint her face black, and she'll wear black antennae.  I think Darth Maul would have been a lot cooler (and more easily identifiable) even without the light saber, but there's no denying that it will be much easier to paint her face one color tomorrow than to render DM's intricate facial markings before school starts in the morning.

No comments: