Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Taylor and Michael

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . our whole family saying, "Ow!" (Michael Jackson style) along with one of the Piano Guys as we listened to "Michael Meets Mozart" tonight.  The first time I heard the pianist do that I thought it was kind of a cheesy touch, but it has become one of our family's favorite parts of the Piano Guys' repertoire.  Even little Anna loves saying, "Ow!" when that song is on, though she usually does it a couple seconds late.

And another thing . . .

. . . I've lost count of the number of times I've turned suddenly and gently bopped Daniel in the head with my tummy.  I forget that it sticks out so far in front of me.

. . . Taylor Swift's song "Love Story" has been stuck in my head for the last couple days.  It has a catchy tune, but every time it cycles through my brain I think at least one of two things:

1) OK, so some guy doesn't call me for weeks, then he busts out a ring and I'm supposed to swoon?  What's so romantic about that?

2) What's the appeal of being like Romeo and Juliet?  Do you know how that story ends?

No comments: