Sunday, October 20, 2013

Moving In, a Garland, and a New Treat

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . reading bedtime stories to the big kids.  It's hard to say who gets into the story more--me or them.

. . . making a fall leaf garland for our front room (kind of like this, but with silk leaves).  Garlands in general make me happy (and this Halloween one made me laugh).

. . . finally finding a use for the Cocoa Almond Spread I bought at Trader Joe's a while back.  I originally thought it might be a tasty alternative to Nutella (which we like a lot), but while many people apparently like CAS better than Nutella, I'm just not one of them.  I prefer Nutella's flavor and texture on bread, in smoothies, eaten straight, you name it.  I decided to give CAS one more shot tonight, though, and I'm happy to report that it tastes pretty good on apple slices and it is absolutely awesome on graham crackers.  So awesome that we may need to buy more graham crackers after this weekend.  I think it would make good frosting, too, if I ever made cupcakes.

And another thing . . .

. . . I moved all our car stuff into the van today--umbrella stroller, first aid kit, tote bags, sunglasses, tire pressure gauge, etc.  It was kind of like moving into a small apartment.  It was tough to find a place for everything, and I'll probably forget where I put half of it, but the van really feels like it's ours now.

No comments: