Monday, October 21, 2013

Shouting and Chaos

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  sitting on a pew and reflecting, as Daniel bonked me with his head and Anna climbed on me so she could suck on my hair, that church is going to get exponentially crazier next month when we add a newborn to the mix.  I guess that's one way to tell that something's important to you: you do it even when it's really hard.

And another thing . . .

. . . at one point during sacrament meeting Phillip left our pew for a minute, probably to talk to a fellow choir member about the number they were going to perform later in the meeting.  When he returned, Daniel excitedly shouted, "DADDYYYYYY!!!!!" at the top of his lungs, just like he does every evening when Phillip gets home from work.  Now, you and I both know that it is wildly inappropriate to yell in the middle of church, but I couldn't help being touched that our son loves his daddy so much.

No comments: