Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mobility, Taffy, and the Waddling Duo

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  vacuuming Daniel's preschool classroom.  It's fun to help out in his class and see what the kids are doing, but I was so tired by the end of the day.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . renting a little compact car for the weekend.  It is so, so nice to be mobile again, and not have to rely on friends to pick up my kids or drive me to the store.  I've been very grateful for their help, but I'm even more grateful to be self-reliant again.  Hopefully we'll wrap up the minivan search soon.  Who knew it could be so complicated to find a used van we can afford and trust not to break down on us?

. . . going out to dinner with my husband.  Blessings upon the friends who swap babysitting with us each week.

. . . walking into a candy store to get change for our parking meter, and discovering that they had a bulk taffy section.  I like taffy, and Phillip loves the stuff.  I think you can guess what we brought home for dessert.

And another thing . . .

. . . there are always two parent helpers in Daniel's preschool class, and today the second one was another pregnant mom, due about the same time I am.  I'm sure we made a comical pair, both doing the pregnant lady waddle around the room.

No comments: